Who is A & O Ltd?
A & O Ltd as trustee for the Joshua Trust is a not-for-profit charity. It currently runs the Alpha & Omega Recycling shop which provides crisis intervention, clothing, furniture and household goods to relieve the misfortune of severely disadvantaged people, low income earners or recipients of government benefits in the Noosa region and surrounding Sunshine Coast region.
It achieves this in 3 ways:
1. Operating a shop where people in our community may come to purchase good quality items at low cost.
2. Using excess funds raised to provide greater assistance to the community in line with our charter as a not-for-profit charity.
3. Providing support to other organizations in the Noosa area who are involved with the community.
Examples of how we help members of our community include:
- Supplying clothing, household items, manchester, furniture and toys for distribution to those in great need in the community. This involves the Salvation Army Crisis Accommodation Service in Doonella Street, Tewantin. Clients needing household items and furniture are sent to the charity. We donate what these needy people require and help with delivery to their new accommodation.
- Restoring self worth and confidence to people in the community by working as volunteers in the charity.
- Supporting a breakfast programme with several of the local Primary schools.
- Providing projects for retired tradesmen who repair furniture and goods for the charity.
- Support domestic violence organisations.